[postgis-users] Topology Support for PostGIS

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Dec 4 05:48:50 PST 2007

Hello,

I would be interested in this feature and could support it with a
financial contribution.

But before bidding, I would like to know if there is an estimate on how
many hours the realization of the Postgis Topology project would require.
Are there any estimates?

Also, is there a description about what the topology project would include?

In my case I would be interested in shared boundaries in a polygon area
mosaic. Currently, shared boundaries are stored twice. With shared
boundaries I hope being able to properly simplify original geodata without
getting sliver polygons or gaps.

Network topology sounds interesting as well - so maybe we first have to
define the goals of the project more properly?

Andreas