[postgis-users] intersection/within queries - newbie basic spatial queries

Josh Livni josh at umbrellaconsulting.com
Thu Dec 6 22:26:47 PST 2007

Craigie,

Not 100% sure I parsed your question right.  It's possible others may
also be confused.  You say 'all the polys in sec_catch fall within a
single record of prim_catch' .. are you then wondering which polygon of
sec_1 it is that they all fall within?

Or maybe, what you're trying to accomplish is to get, for each polygon
in the prim_catch table, a list of all polygons from sec_catch that are
inside that prim_catch polygon.... ?

On the other hand, I may be misunderstanding something obvious, in which
case I am sure others will be able to assist without further translation.

Cheers,

  -Josh