[postgis-users] ogr2ogr in ASP

Gerry James gerry.james at carteryx.com
Thu Dec 13 10:55:20 PST 2007

I am trying to create an ASP page that will convert MapInfo TAB files to PG
on the fly.  I have run into a number of problems doing this.  I appear to
have overcome the permissions problems I was having, however, I still can't
get the translation to work.  I am trying to accomplish all this by envoking
the WScript.Shell object and running ogr2ogr through the FWTools version.
Now I get no errors that I can use to debug the problem.  My code revolves
around the following:

set wshell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set sexec = wshell.exec("C:\Program Files\FWTools2.0.0\setfw.bat")
lne = "ogr2ogr -f  'PostgreSQL' -a_srs 'EPSG:26909' PG:'host=localhost
user=postgres dbname=Foremore password=********'  'c:\tmp\All_Outcrop.TAB'
-nln test_all_outcrop"

Set sexec = wshell.exec(lne)

When I execute the ASP page I get no error and the PostGIS table I am hoping
for is not created.  The syntax shown for the variable lne above works just
fine from the FWTools Shell app.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can
make this work?

Thanks
Gerry