[postgis-users] Failing to connect to Postgis

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Wed Dec 19 05:12:03 PST 2007

Steven,

This is a problem related to your PostgreSQL server set-up (i.e. nothing
to do
with postgis). Looks like your client machine 192.168.102.100 is not
listed in the pg_hba.conf
file on the postgres server, which defines the machines allowed to make
connections.
Or they may be something wrong in the definition of your entry in that
file as it seems
to expect a connection using SSL.

Look for hints on postgres administration sites.

GL

Steven De Vriendt wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm having this strange problem trying to connect to postgis.
> I'm trying to connect from qgis, I enter my connection parameters
> f.i.:
>
> I'm using 192.168.102.100 <http://192.168.102.100>, yet when I try
> Test Connect I get this
> errror:
>
> FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host 192.168.102.1
> <http://192.168.102.1>, user "...", database ".....", SSL off
>
> How come ?
>
> Thanks
> Steven

Guido Lemoine
Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Support to External Security
Via E. Fermi, 2749 TP 267 Ispra 21027 (VA), Italy
Tel. +39 0332 786239 (direct line) Fax. +39 0332 785154
WWW: http://ses.jrc.it
Disclaimer:
Views expressed are those of the individual and do not represent
the views of the European Commission