[postgis-users] shp2pgsql problem with Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Dec 30 10:44:23 PST 2007

On Dec 30, 2007, at 12:16 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> If the two different declarations of getopt are causing the problem,
> I wonder if Apple's getopt will work (it's BSD getopt)?  Or did you
> customize getopt for postgis?

Well, Apple's BSD getopt works in 64bit mode, but not 32bit mode.
This time it seems to be not getting the options correctly, and I get
an error that:

shape (.shp) or index files (.shx) can not be opened.

So Apple's getopt is not a usable alternative.  This may be another
case of needing to rename it (like the earlier get_uint32 problem).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin