[postgis-users] How best to do this?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 14:09:13 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 09:25 -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:
> snaptogrid might help, it is a crude hammer similar in many ways to the
> more subtle approaches in GEOS3.
>
> Because the C API didn't change between versions, you may be able to
> simply copy a suitably compiled geos DLL into place, perhaps by
> stripping one out of the windows downloads. I don't actually know if our
> windows downloads are using GEOS3 though... hrm. Mark CA?

All the Windows downloads are currently using GEOS 2.2.3, although more
people are beginning to ask about GEOS3. If a GEOS3 RC4 comes out that
would compile cleanly on Win32, I'd consider coming up with some form of
test installer - the extra usage may help find those tricky last minute
bugs before release.

Kind regards,

Mark.