[postgis-users] MULTIPOINT geometry variable

Rodrigo Martín LÓPEZ GREGORIO rodrigomlg at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 15 06:37:36 PST 2007

Thanks for your answer.

I think that GeomUnion could work. However I have a problem. In my function
I have some IF statements that adds points depending on different conditions
to "mymultipoint" variable. So what I had to do to add points to
mymultipoint variable was:

mymultipoint:=GeomUnion(newpoint,mymultipoint);

But if mymultipoint variable has not points yet, this doesnt work so I must
check in every assignment if mymultipoint variable is null or empty or
something like that. However I think that there may be a much simple way to
do that. I think that must be something like
addpoint(mymultipoint,newpoint).
Another solution could be initialize mymultipoint variable in some way that
not implies adding a point.

I don't know if you understand what I'm trying to do... just a function that
returns a MULTIPOINT variable with a undetermined number of points that
depends on some conditions.

Thanks.

Rodrigo.