[postgis-users] What's wrong with this point field?

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at ccom.unh.edu
Thu Feb 15 14:06:38 PST 2007

Hi All,

I am at a loss for what I am doing wrong here.  I am using postgres
8.2.3 and postgis 1.2.1 on mac osx 10.4.8 with fink provided packages.

CREATE TABLE position ( key SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, MessageID INTEGER,
RepeatIndicator INTEGER, UserID INTEGER, NavigationStatus INTEGER,
ROT INTEGER, SOG DECIMAL(4,1), PositionAccuracy INTEGER, COG DECIMAL
(4,1), TrueHeading INTEGER, TimeStamp INTEGER, RegionalReserved
INTEGER, Spare INTEGER, RAIM BOOL, syncstate INTEGER, slottimeout
INTEGER, slotoffset INTEGER, cg_r VARCHAR(15), cg_sec INTEGER,
cg_timestamp TIMESTAMP ); SELECT AddGeometryColumn
('position','Pos',-1,'POINT',2);

ais=# INSERT INTO position (pos) VALUES (GeomFromText('POINT
(-122.778191666 48.277336666)'));
ERROR:  column "pos" of relation "position" does not exist

Am I doing something really dumb?

Thanks,
-kurt