[postgis-users] Database Design for many tables

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 18:25:20 PST 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 17:35, Webb Sprague wrote:
> On 1/5/07, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> wrote:
> > Are schemas not useful here?
> >
> > <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/ddl-schemas.html>
> >
> >From a design standpoint, maybe maybe not.  If you already know that
>
> schemas make your design better, sure. I tend to shy away from
> breaking things into lots of little pieces without a really good
> reason.

I have looked over this manual page in the past, perhaps it didn't sink in.
The main question that I have would then be: is a single instance of the
postgis extension all that is required to allow spatial operations between
two or more schemas? I have brought the topic up before, but was never able
to sort it out nor ask the right questions [1] .

1. link to thread here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2006-November/013911.html

Cheers,

--