[postgis-users] Database Design for many tables

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 18:27:24 PST 2007

On Friday 05 January 2007 17:23, Webb Sprague wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> It looks like you know what you are doing.... How many tables in the
> SSURGO and STATSGO databases?  Do you have a link to their docs or a
> description for us non soil geeks?  You basically just want to follow
> them but make it available via QGIS?

Hi Webb,

Actually, I am just looking for some "house keeping" functionality in postgres
which will allow both division of namespace and ability to use postgis
functionality.

Thus far it seems like every named schema needs to have the postgis functions
+ variables + etc. re-defined.... i could be mistaken though!

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis