[postgis-users] Mapserver WMS and Google Maps

Gerard Troost Gerard.Troost at sovon.nl
Mon Jan 8 10:48:01 PST 2007

Hi all,

Last week i used some time to configure our mapserver as wms-server and
after that adding an wms-layers to Google Maps. In basic this has not to
be very difficult but,  some strange things took lots of time. Last
weekend i've get everything working an i must say, is works good.

But now i have everything working i have 2 questions left.

A. The attached picture is a (part of) an WMS layer projected on Google
Maps. Everything looks fine but if you take a closer look you can see
that the points 7 and the lower right point not drawn correctly because
they are plotted near an imageborder (Google Maps downloads each layer
in tiles.).
How can i solve this problem?

B. I find out that the WMS extent for postgis layers is not calculated
automaticly. If i add an layer based on a shape file it calculated wms
extent automaticly.

Thanks for you answers or suggestions,

Gerard Troost
SOVON Dutch Centre for Field Ornithology