[postgis-users] Mapserver WMS and Google Maps

marco vieira maovieira at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 04:00:06 PST 2007

Gerard
  Postgis calculate the extents for each mapserver requisition (for each
tile) and mapserver draws it with your symbolization. In this case the
extents of a particular tile do not involve the point with you want to draw
but the contiguous tile involve. The problem is that the symbol size you are
drawing to a particular tile (one requisition) is big than virtual invade
the area os another tile (another requisition) but this last requisiton not
contains this point (and didn't draw it).
  I think that there is no way to eliminate this problem for all cases
because of tiling method of google maps but you may ask for mapserver-users
list about simbolization issues.
Regards,

--
Marco Vieira