[postgis-users] Compiling PostGIS on windows

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Jan 9 14:21:47 PST 2007

I was successful building postgis cvs against the PGXS Development
header files included with the PostGreSQL 8.2.1 under the MinGW/Msys.
Although I haven't tested it yet.  I ran into compilation errors with
the Geos-2.2.3 piece something about  'redefinition of `struct timezone'
in geos ../timeval.h and redefinition in include/sys/time.h which I'm
checking out.

To compile I had to
configure --with-pgsql="C:/PROGRA~1/POSTGR~1/8.2/bin/pg_config"

I ran into one problem in that the c.h in the PostgreSQL 8.2 refered to
a libintl.h which was not distributed with the 8.2 development files.  I
had to get this from gettext and copy into my 8.2/includes path.  Is
there a legal reason why they wouldn't distribute this file or you think
it was just an oversight.  I was going to ask the same question in
pghackers.

Thanks,
Regina