[postgis-users] Establishing a remote connection to postgis

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Fri Jan 12 04:51:49 PST 2007

 Can you connect to your postgres from the server its on?  As I recall
the erroneous pg_hba file usually means you have a malformed pg_hba.conf
like perhaps you have a funny character in there or its not pointing to
your pg_hba file at all.

Is your pg_hba.conf file in your postgresql data directory and does the
account you are running postmaster under have rights to that file?

  I think if it was pointing to it and it was well formed, but you just
weren't allowing the ip thru, you get something like a "connection
refused" error not a "erroneous pg_hba conf file" error.