[postgis-users] trouble with a postgis table in qgis

Kirk Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Sat Jan 13 07:37:54 PST 2007

Greetings all,

I am trying to figure out why when I view a postgis table in qigs the
long/lat geometry column projects properly with the north end of
Minnesota pointing north, but the wgs84 meters geometry column
projects oddly... on its side with the north end of Minnesota
pointing to the right... west). I have included my commands that
created the geometry columns, and I have attached two png files of
the resultant maps. Any ideas of where I made the mistake would be
most helpful.
Thanks,

Kirk

SELECT AddGeometryColumn( 'public', 'sites', 'the_point_lonlat',
4269, 'POINT', 2 );

UPDATE sites SET the_point_lonlat = PointFromText('POINT(' ||
longitude || ' ' || latitude || ')',4269)

SELECT AddGeometryColumn( 'public', 'sites', 'the_point_meter',
32661, 'POINT', 2 );

UPDATE sites SET the_point_meter = transform(PointFromText('POINT('