[postgis-users] extras/template_gis broken on postgis-1.2.1 for building postgis on win32

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 09:17:18 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 12:22 +0000, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Actually would it be possible to alter this slightly? In the other
> places where this has been an issue, the input to sed was changed to use
> a | rather than a : as a separator, e.g.
>
> SUBSTITUTE=-e s|@bindir@|$(SUBBINDIR)|g \
>            -e s|@datadir@|$(datadir)|g \
>            -e s|@prefix@|$(prefix)|g \
> 	   -e s|@SONAME@|$(SONAME)|g
>
> This would then keep it consistent with the other places where I've made
> similar changes.

On further inspection, this doesn't work either since the SUBSTITUTE
variable is part of one long pipe concatenation :( However, the
following works for me:

SUBSTITUTE=-e s!@bindir@!$(SUBBINDIR)!g \
           -e s!@datadir@!$(datadir)!g \
           -e s!@prefix@!$(prefix)!g \
	   -e s!@SONAME@!$(SONAME)!g

The reason I'd like to do it like this is because MSYS has a habit
quoting different arguments in different ways - DOS-style, Windows-style
and UNIX style. Hence if we fix it using a different separator, then it
means any changes in MSYS shouldn't break the build process.

If no-one objects over the weekend, I'll commit this to SVN.

Kind regards,

Mark.