[postgis-users] Multipolygon an shape

Stüwe Rolf Rolf.Stuewe at stadt.wuppertal.de
Wed Jan 24 06:32:26 PST 2007

Hallo,

I have a problem with a polygon:
I want to create a shape-File from a geometry, which is a multipolygon by definition
with the statement:
pgsql2shp -f abc verdis_beta wsw_shp

 and  get the following error message:

ERROR: Cannot have multiple geometry types in a shapefile.
Use option -t(unimplemented currently,sorry...) to specify what type of geometry you want dumped

where is the error?

And another question:
I think that I perhaps have overlapping geometrys in my table and they can not build a shapefile.
When I tryed to take the function "overlaps" to test my table (with 600,000 polygons) , the duration is very long, even on a small part of my data.
How can I accelerate  the overlaps-function ?

Regards Rolf Stüwe