[postgis-users] Build polygons from points

galen galen at shackprices.com
Tue Jan 30 11:46:32 PST 2007

Say I have 500 points that represent an area and I'm hoping to build a
polygon out of those points.  Is there a good function to do this in
postgis or a good program that anyone has written that can accommodate
this?  Obviously there is no "perfect" method of building polygons from
points, but a function that accepted some inputs (like concavity 0-10 or
something, similar to the way Simplify works?) would seemingly help me
refine the "perfect' method for my purposes.

Thanks,
Galen