[postgis-users] How to load postgis enabled database from one machine to another?

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at ccom.unh.edu
Mon Jul 2 10:59:48 PDT 2007

I've done this successfully using pg_dump something like this:

   pg_dump --create my_db > my_db.pgdump.sql

   scp  my_db.pgdump.sql secondcomputer:

   ssh secondcomputer

   psql < my_db.pgdump.sql

If you look inside the sql file, you will see the commands to
recreate the postgis tables.  Perhaps postgis is not installed on the
2nd computer?

-kurt

kurt at ccom.unh.edu
o: 603-862-1159
http://vislab-ccom.unh.edu/~schwehr/
http://schwehr.org/
Res. Assist. Professor in Ocean Engineering

Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping
Chase Ocean Engineering Lab
24 Colovos Road
Durham, New Hampshire 03824