[postgis-users] Large geometry issue

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Jul 5 21:26:36 PDT 2007

Note that when I say "use the JTS bindings", I mean "compile JTS to
native code using GCJ, and then compile PostGIS against that".
Functionally, it's basically the same as using GEOS, the source just
happens to be written in Java instead of C++ -- the library code is
fully native, no JVM is required/used.  So the only question is "do I
trust GCJ", which for Linux is a question I would answer with a
fairly confident "yes".