[postgis-users] WKT-saving instead of WKB

"Daniela Stärke" daniela.staerke at gmx.de
Tue Jul 10 00:20:55 PDT 2007

Hi Alex,

I received the mezogis-version, which you had sent to me last week.
> hi daniela,
>
> i hardly see differences between your programs and yours: my python is
> 2.4.4 and python-cairo 1.4.0, but i hardly suspect those.
>
> i'd rather suspect the mezogis version. before sending it to you, i had
> to adjust it to support psycopg2 (although i haven't had the failures
> you complain of).

At the beginning I had psycopg-1.1.21 installed, with the normal mezogis. Then I uninstalled this one with psycopg and installed your mezogis with psycopg2-2.0.6.
But even now I receive these damn error-messages and this is totally frustrating.

But I can't imagine, that this problem is caused just because of the python and the pycairo version, or???

Now I tried to look in the source-code for the file _geodata.py and somehow I have the impression, that mezogis can't reconvert the binary-coordinates in well-known-text coordinates. But I am not totally sure.

> if you haven't received the mezogis i've sent you privately, please tell
> me and i'll resend.
>
> n.b.
> > insert into tablename ( id, name) values ( 'line', GeometryFromText (
> >  'LINESTRING (10 20, 20 30, 50 44)', -1))
> >
> should be
>
> insert into tablename (name, geom) values ( 'line', GeometryFromText (
> 	'LINESTRING (10 20, 20 30, 50 44)', -1))
Right, I wrote  these lines just in the email and not looking in the file, where I saved them. It is obvious, that your command is the right one.