[postgis-users] Warning GEOS is NOT enabled

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 14:33:36 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 19:31 +0000, Marc Desharnais wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> thanks for your reply. I checked what you mentioned and I found that
> liblwgeom.so is well placed and "refreshed" when I do make install.
>
> But you gave me an idea about libraries. I had an ancien postgresql
> installation and the database I use now was created with this ancien
> postgresql. So I renamed the old folder then I tried to "select
> postgis_version();"
>
> ERROR:  could not access file
> "/data/ulysse/postgresql_8.2.4/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.2": No such file or
> directory
> STATEMENT:  select postgis_version();
>
> This indicate the old path! Can I change this? Or I have to start
> another database folder?
>
> I couldn't not see this path anywhere in my configuration files.

Err... yes you can ;)

As I pointed out in my earlier email, your pg_config is being picked up
from:

/data/ulysse/postgis_geos/postgresql-8.2.4/bin/pg_config --libdir

So the version of PostgreSQL being used has been installed
under /data/ulysse/postgis_geos/postgresql-8.2.4 - if you want to
override this then you need to re-run configure with the --with-pgsql
option pointing to the correct pg_config for the installation you want
to use.

Kind regards,

Mark.

--