[postgis-users] Units for distance function

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 23:04:49 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 23:55 -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> The current spatial_ref_sys.sql doesn't have +datum=OSGB36 for SRID
> 27700 -- is there a reason it's not there?  Should it be present
> for SRID 4277 as well?

Unfortunately since the OSGB36 datum is not defined in PROJ.4 < 4.5.0,
the library throws an error if you attempt to use this parameter with
older versions - so I don't really know what to do about this :(

Not sure about SRID 4277 - I can't say that I've ever used it for any of
the OS data I've come across.

ATB,

Mark.

--