[postgis-users] ArcCatalog

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 07:26:02 PDT 2007

> I'm not familiar with Qgis, but I found that Kosmo (from saig.es) is
> much more stable than gvSIG and Jump (on which it is based). It supports
> My SQL and Oracle as well as PostGIS and the spatial analyses are quite
> good.

I have just tried Kosmo this morning and found it realllllly slow to
display postgis layers compare to QGis or Jump/OpenJump.

I haven't found yet a satisfying solution to deal with geographic data
with OS software.

Jump/openJump: I like the operators/validation tools, the creation of
WKT features, the navigation tools controled by keyboard, but it fails
on loading some postigs tables (where integer values are bigger than
Java Integer.MAX_VALUE, or when a short value is used),

QGis is very slow when querying attributes, and you can't paste easily
WKT for debugging.

gvSig does not allow me to load postgis data (Mac OS X bug ?)

so I use a mix of them according to my needs.
(and unfortunately, I can't run MezoGIS on Mac, at least for the
mapping part. All the rest is working, I can see my tables, load their
attributes, etc. If someone succeeded in using mezogis on mac, please
let me know)

Nicolas