[postgis-users] PostGIS, Geos and Proj Installing issue in Ubuntu Feisty Fawn

Giroux Gabriel tamta75 at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 5 18:25:15 PDT 2007

Dear list,

I'm a newbie in Gnu/Linux Ubuntu 7.04 and I'm trying to install
PostGIS latest version using the following steps described on the How
To PostGIS Wiki for Ubuntu users. I've already installed PosgreSQL
8.2.3 and it works fine but when I start compiling, configuring and
installing the new version's Libgeos and Proj packages, after a while a
get a error at the end of the process.

Also, I try to installing PostGIS directly using the former version
of Libgeos and Proj provided on Ubuntu distribution via Synaptec
Manager, but unable to past the downloaded PostGIS 1.2.3.tar after
copying it on the postgresql directory in:
usr/share/postgresql/8.2.3/contrib as specified in the PostGIS How
Install PostGIS on Ubuntu.

Any help , suggestion about this issue wuold very appreciated...

Cheers

Gabriel

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com