[postgis-users] correcting polygons

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Thu Jun 7 04:18:57 PDT 2007

Paul,

That wasn't quite what I meant.  Are you using PgAdmin III? - It looks
like you are but can't absolutely tell - could be another editor.

At least in PgAdmin III
If you click a table name - there is an SQL Pane that shows usually to
the right and gives you the whole DDL of your table.  One of mine for
example looks like this (this probably isn't the best example, but
hopefully you get the idea)

-- Table: parceltime_2006

-- DROP TABLE parceltime_2006;

CREATE TABLE parceltime_2006
(
-- Inherited:   pid character(10) NOT NULL,
-- Inherited:   cm_id character(10),
-- Inherited:   st_num character varying(10),
-- Inherited:   st_name character varying(75),
-- Inherited:   name_suf character varying(20),
-- Inherited:   unit_num character varying(10),
-- Inherited:   zipcode character varying(10),
-- Inherited:   ptype integer,
-- Inherited:   lu character varying(5),
-- Inherited:   exmpt_code character varying(20),
-- Inherited:   ownocc character varying(1),
-- Inherited:   "owner" character varying(150),
-- Inherited:   address character varying(150),
-- Inherited:   city_state character varying(75),
-- Inherited:   mail_zip character varying(10),
-- Inherited:   landval bigint,
-- Inherited:   bldgval bigint,
-- Inherited:   totalval bigint,
-- Inherited:   gross_tax numeric(31,15),
-- Inherited:   legal_area bigint,
-- Inherited:   year_built integer,
-- Inherited:   year_remod integer,
-- Inherited:   gross_area bigint,
-- Inherited:   area bigint,
-- Inherited:   num_floors numeric(31,15),
-- Inherited:   "class" character varying(15),
-- Inherited:   r_bldg_stl character varying(50),
-- Inherited:   r_roof_typ character varying(50),
-- Inherited:   r_ext_fin character varying(100),
-- Inherited:   total__rms integer,
-- Inherited:   r_bdrms integer,
-- Inherited:   r_full_bth integer,
-- Inherited:   r_half_bth integer,
-- Inherited:   r_kitch integer,
-- Inherited:   r_heat_typ character varying(1),
-- Inherited:   r_ac character varying(1),
-- Inherited:   r_fplace integer,
-- Inherited:   s_num_bldg integer,
-- Inherited:   s_bldg_sty character varying(5),
-- Inherited:   s_unit_res integer,
-- Inherited:   s_unit_com integer,
-- Inherited:   s_unit_rc integer,
-- Inherited:   s_ext_fin character varying(2),
-- Inherited:   u_base_flr integer,
-- Inherited:   u_num_prk integer,
-- Inherited:   u_corner character varying(1),
-- Inherited:   u_orient character varying(2),
-- Inherited:   u_num_rms integer,
-- Inherited:   u_num_beds integer,
-- Inherited:   u_bths integer,
-- Inherited:   u_half_bth integer,
-- Inherited:   u_kitch character varying(2),
-- Inherited:   u_heat character varying(2),
-- Inherited:   u_ac character varying(1),
-- Inherited:   u_fplaces integer,
-- Inherited:   xcoord numeric(31,15),
-- Inherited:   the_geom geometry,
-- Inherited:   the_point geometry,
-- Inherited:   entrytime timestamp without time zone NOT NULL,
-- Inherited:   pid_year smallint NOT NULL,
-- Inherited:   neighborhood character varying(50),
-- Inherited:   wpd character varying(20),
-- Inherited:   councildist character varying(15),
-- Inherited:   ycoord numeric(31,15),
  CONSTRAINT pk_parceltime_2006 PRIMARY KEY (pid, pid_year),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_the_geom CHECK (ndims(the_geom) = 2),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_the_geom CHECK (geometrytype(the_geom) =
'MULTIPOLYGON'::text OR the_geom IS NULL),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_the_geom CHECK (srid(the_geom) = 2249),
  CONSTRAINT pid_year_cc CHECK (pid_year = 2006::smallint)
)
INHERITS (parceltime)
WITH (OIDS=TRUE)
;
ALTER TABLE parceltime_2006 OWNER TO postgres;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE parceltime_2006 TO postgres;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE parceltime_2006 TO dnddtsadmins WITH GRANT OPTION;

-- Index: idx_stnameonly_2006

-- DROP INDEX idx_stnameonly_2006;

CREATE INDEX idx_stnameonly_2006
  ON parceltime_2006
  USING btree
  (upper(COALESCE(st_name, ''::character varying)::character
varying(75)::text));

-- Index: idx_stnameonly_soundex_2006

-- DROP INDEX idx_stnameonly_soundex_2006;

CREATE INDEX idx_stnameonly_soundex_2006
  ON parceltime_2006
  USING btree
  (soundex(st_name::text));

-- Index: idx_stnamesndex_2006

-- DROP INDEX idx_stnamesndex_2006;

CREATE INDEX idx_stnamesndex_2006
  ON parceltime_2006
  USING btree
  (soundex(COALESCE(st_name, ''::character varying)::character
varying(75)::text));

-- Index: idx_stnumonly_2006

-- DROP INDEX idx_stnumonly_2006;

CREATE INDEX idx_stnumonly_2006
  ON parceltime_2006
  USING btree
  (upper(btrim(st_num::text)));

-- Index: idx_the_geom_2006

-- DROP INDEX idx_the_geom_2006;

CREATE INDEX idx_the_geom_2006
  ON parceltime_2006
  USING gist
  (the_geom);
ALTER TABLE parceltime_2006 CLUSTER ON idx_the_geom_2006;

-- Index: idx_the_point_parceltime_2006

-- DROP INDEX idx_the_point_parceltime_2006;

CREATE INDEX idx_the_point_parceltime_2006
  ON parceltime_2006
  USING gist
  (the_point);

-- Index: idx_zip_2006

-- DROP INDEX idx_zip_2006;

CREATE INDEX idx_zip_2006
  ON parceltime_2006
  USING btree
  (fn_chartonumber(zipcode, '999999'::character varying));