[postgis-users] Polygon from a set of points

Leonardo Mateo leonardomateo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 13:14:02 PDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Kevin Neufeld <kneufeld at refractions.net> wrote:
> Have you tried using convexhull(geometry)? Given a collection of points,
> it'll return a polygon where every point is guaranteed to be inside the
> polygon.
> ie.
> SELECT convexhull(collect(makepoint(x,y))) FROM mytable;
That's the point, I don't have them on a table. I mean, (x,y) pairs
will came on plain text. Must I insert them on a temp table? There's
no chance to make a polygon from (x,y) pairs "on the fly"?
Sorry if my question is too dumb, I don't have experience with all this stuff.

Thanx a lot in advance.

--
Leonardo Mateo.
There's no place like ~