[postgis-users] How is Centroid(Geometry) calculated?

ValiSystem vali.system at free.fr
Fri Jun 15 09:18:32 PDT 2007

On 15 juin 07, at 11:21, David Potts wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Are there any data analytical tools written for postgis ? I known
> there
> are tools such as Pgdijkstra
>
> I am intrested in cluster analsis ,  ie discovering if there is any
> significante data patterns within a given distance of a single point.
>
> D.

	It seems that you want to do data analysis, i think that R could do
whatever you want. For clustering, as shown on index page of the web
site you can build ACP clusters and factorial analysis. But R is not
easy to use. You can connect R to postgis (as you can connect it to a
lot of databases), and i think that you can use PostGIS features from R.

  http://www.r-project.org/index.html

Regards