[postgis-users] RE: re:Problems with making own shape dumper

дорофеев александр megadrofan at yandex.ru
Fri Jun 15 23:46:31 PDT 2007

>Ok I've just done a test here on Linux and did the following:
>
>shp2pgsql arc testtable -W LATIN1 > arc.sql
>psql -d postgis -f arc.sql
>
>Followed by:
>
>SELECT astext(the_geom) FROM testtable where gid = 7;
>SELECT astext(the_geom) FROM testtable;
>
>(Both of these look fine)
>
>Then:
>
>ALTER TABLE testtable ADD COLUMN testfield text;
>UPDATE testtable SET testfield = astext(the_geom);

>SELECT testfield FROM testtable;

>Everything looks fine here. Can you confirm that these steps give you
>the problem? Also, which versions of PostGIS/PostgreSQL are you using?
>Please send the output of:

>SELECT version();
>SELECT postgis_full_version();

>Kind regards,

>Mark.

"POSTGIS="1.1.5" GEOS="2.2.3-CAPI-1.1.1" PROJ="Rel. 4.4.9, 29 Oct 2004" USE_STATS"
"PostgreSQL 8.1.5 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special)"
OS Windows XP PRO
Sorry value in the field is ok :) When I copy and past this value to notepad all looks ok.  I think the issue is in ODBC driver. Thak you for your help. I`ll ask for this problem on PostgreSQL ODBC mailing list