[postgis-users] Calling shp2pgsql with PHP's exec()

volunteer at spatiallink.org volunteer at spatiallink.org
Mon Jun 18 14:22:58 PDT 2007

allow apache intract with desktop
sincerely
siva

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] Calling shp2pgsql with PHP's exec()
From: "Steffen Macke" <sdteffen at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, June 18, 2007 12:27 pm
To: "PostGIS Users Discussion" <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>

Dear Shojka,

 > I use Apache 2 with the Windows Server 2003 on Windows XP. I have
 problem when I call shp2pgsql.exe function through my php script
 using command exec(), system() etc.. The strangest thig is that when
 I restart Apache all requests are processed succesfully but only
 once. What can be the reason for this ?

 Good question. Make sure to turn on as much PHP logging as you can get
 and
 check the log files.

 Are you running PHP as an Apache module or the cgi version? As Apache
 reloading is
 changing something, I guess you are running PHP as an Apache module.
 Try to use
 the cgi version in this case.

 The DCMMS application was using shp2pgsql successfully through the
system
 function. You can have a look at the source code to cross-check yours:

 https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/dcmms/trunk/dcmms/admin/shapefile_loader.php

 Regards,

 Steffen