[postgis-users] Fixed limits on text functions in PostGIS?

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Mon Jun 18 16:04:50 PDT 2007

I have a geometry loaded into PostGIS as a multipolygon with multiple rings
and lots of vertexes.  I can use most of the functions on the geometry such
as area, centroid, intersection, etc. with no problem but all the text type
functions return null.  For example asText, asKml, asSVG, asBinary all
return null.  Again this I a very complex polygon with lots of rings.  Is
there a built in limit the geometry is exceeding when processing these
functions?  A SQL command to load one record into a table (created by
shp2sql) called floodplain6 is located at:
http://www.lrcwe-data.com/floodplain6.sql

Thanks
Bruce Rindahl