[postgis-users] connect to database newbie question

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:57:10 PDT 2007

Hi All,
I have just set up postgis and postgresql using fedora extras to
install.  I added the default user "postgres" with no password and
created a test db (createlang etc..) and loaded a shapefile to a new
table.  I would know like to access the postgis table using QGis but I
am running into problems connecting.  I attempt to connect using:
Name: testdb
Host: localhost
Database: testdb
Port: 5432
Username: postgres
Password:

I get this error
Ident authentication failed for user "postgres"

Any help or pointers would be great.

--
Travis K.

Toronto, Canada