[postgis-users] postgis - polygon load failed

Peter Shrock thesl at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 13:20:50 PDT 2007

Dear all:

I have installed Postgresql 8.2.4 (windows 2000 platform).

I have loaded a few shapefiles from the ESRI sample data using shp2pgsql
successfully.

However, I have difficulties to load my working shapefiles. These shapefiles
have been generalized (vertex have been reduced).

The pgadmin log is:
2007-06-20 14:19:56 ERROR  : server sent data ("D" message) without prior row
description ("T" message)
could not receive data from server: No buffer space available
(0x00002747/10055)

The layer cannot loaded into Quantum GIS either - invalid layer.

The shapefiles can be operated properly in ArcGIS/ArcView.

Does any one know the reason? I assume that it had something to do with
geometry. Any way to solve this issue?

You help is much appreciated.

Peter.