[postgis-users] Re: [Plr-general] Tutorial on PLR and PostGIS, more on carriage returns

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Jun 21 10:30:42 PDT 2007

Hmmmm, I am probably wrong on this but I thought 0x0 - 0x7f are standard
UTF8 characters with a constant meaning that is the same as ascii for
those bytes, and the all multi-byte characters had to have a the
highorder bit set to indicate is was part of a multibyte sequence.

I was not under the impresion that at you could have 0x0 - 0x7f as a
part of a multi-byte sequence. I am not an expert in this area and
probably just know enough to mislead you ;) but I think it is worthwhile
getting some additional inside into this. I for one would like to see a
multi-byte UTF8 sequence with \r embedded in it.

-Steve