[postgis-users] TIGER geocoder question

Shuo Liu delphet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 06:17:34 PDT 2007

Hi, All,

I'm working on a GIS project and trying to use TIGER Geocoder from the
refractions website on TIGER data. The two sql files in the Geocoder
generated some errors when being loaded, complaining that some tables
("gazetteer_places", "tiger_geocode_roads", "place_lookup", "roads_local",
and "countysub_lookup") are missing. Some messages from the mailing list say
that gazetteer tables should be loaded from the Census Bureau gazetteer
files. But that doesn't help find "tiger_geocode_roads" and "roads_local"
which don't exist in the loaded TIGER database. I used ogr2ogr to load the
TIGER data (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOSDOC/Loading+TIGER+basedata)
and it seems that some fields required by the Geocoder are in
"completechain" but not all. Can anybody who have experience share some hint
on this problem? Thank you very much.

Marvin