[postgis-users] Performance of Joins within QGIS 0.8

Christian Braun christian.braun at tudor.lu
Tue Mar 6 00:59:36 PST 2007

Hi to everybody,

I forgot to mention that the displayed datasets in QGIS are already stored
as VIEWs in PgSQL. Also I tried to access this VIEWs via uDIG and there is
the same problem too.
If I access a VIEW with Mapserver as a maplayer the data will be immediatly
rendered, so no problems there.
Thank you,
Christian

If the problem only manfests in QGIS, perhaps this is a question for the
QGIS list?

To try and isolate the problem, write your join as a VIEW and create the
view in PgSQL, then try and look at the view in QGIS instead.