[postgis-users] pgDijkstra with kamap n postgis

shilpi pasricha ekpari84 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 05:40:09 PST 2007

hi i tried following the example of ominiverdi at:
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/KaRouting

on this page it is mentioned that we've to give path of the mapfile on line
141 of config.php
but on line 108 of config.php we're supposed to give path of another
 mapfile... what should i write in both of these places?

i have a mapfile of world boundaries(country n state boundaries)
if i use it at the first place att line 108
$aszGMap = array (
'title' => 'GMap 75',
'path' => '/ms4w/apache/htdocs/5/fourth.map',

and on line 141 of config.php:
i did:
$kaRoute = Array(
'routeMap' => '/ms4w/apache/htdocs/routingj/maps/routing.map',//the second
mapfile -should be changed with an SLD file
'pgConn' => 'dbname=routing host=localhost port=5432 user=abc def
password=pk24pk',

this setup doesnt work only the shape's of 1st mapfile:fourth.map
 is displayed
i checked if images of the 2nd mapfile are generated in the temp folder's
mentioned, i found out they have'nt been produced

kamap's routing requires pgDijkstra module so i've followed the steps at
this site:http://www.postlbs.org/postlbs-cms/en/node/21
i'm running winxp

i've got postgis1.2.1 posgtgresql 8.2.3, ms4w, kamap1.0
pgDijkstra module from http://www.postlbs.org/postlbs-cms/en/download