[postgis-users] Question Upgrading to PostgreSQL8.2 PG1.2.1

Randy George rkgeorge at cadmaps.com
Thu Mar 8 08:08:49 PST 2007

Thanks Mark,

	Barend's cross platform difficulty is more complex than mine. My
dump restore does appear to work. It just lists a lot of warnings and will
take several days. Fortunately the data sets are largely read only with
extra drive space.

	The soft upgrade from 8.1/1.1.1 to 8.1/1.2.1 worked without a
problem on two Windows 2003 servers.

Here is an interesting thread on In-place upgrades:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg00327.php

Thanks
Randy