[postgis-users] PostGIS @ Google Summer of Code

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Mar 8 14:56:48 PST 2007

All,

This year, the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) is taking on
the role of "umbrella organization" for Google Summer of Code projects
in the open source geospatial realm.

We are collecting project ideas for students (preferably, well
contained, and with some reference links to help folks start their
research) at the OSGeo wiki.  The PostGIS page is here:

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/PostGIS_SoC_Ideas_2007

We need ideas, and mentors willing to help students with those ideas. To
mentor, you need to be able to provide enough guidance to get the
student through the code base and get them unstuck with hard problems.

Best,

Paul

--

   Paul Ramsey