[postgis-users] Re: help with WMS query Mapserver and post

Edu Montaña edumon20 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 09:46:59 PST 2007

Hello Steven and Richard, thanks for yours quick responses.
In answer to Steven, yes I have in my .map file the WEB sentence like
following:

	WEB
		METADATA
			"wms_title" "Map File 01"

                        "wms_fees" "none"
			"wms_onlineresource"
"http://127.0.0.1:81/cgi-bin/mapserv40/mapserv?map=/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/mapfile_01.map&"
                        "wms_latlonboundingbox" "-180,-180,180,180"
                        "wms_formatlist"
"image/gif,image/png,image/jpg,image/jpeg,image/tif,image/bmp"
		END

        IMAGEPATH "/tmp/"
	LOG "/usr/local/apache2/logs/mapserver.log"
  END

In answer to Richard, yes when I installed postgis, I executed:
    psql -d [yourdatabase] -f lwpostgis.sql
and
    psql -d [yourdatabase] -f spatial_ref_sys.sql

Watching several post with errors similar to mine , I don't know if it can
be because I don't have append in front of the table name the schema public:

DATA "the_geom from layer_07"

I have't been able to prove this last one.

Best regards,

Edu