[postgis-users] Re: postgis-users Digest, Vol 53, Issue 26

Stephen Davies sdc at sdc.com.au
Wed Mar 28 16:27:23 PDT 2007

Thank you Michael. That did the trick.
Cheers,
Stephen

On Thursday 29 March 2007 05:31,
postgis-users-request at postgis.refractions.net wrote:
> From: Michael Fuhr <mike at fuhr.org>
>  To: PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>
>
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 03:25:15PM +0930, Stephen Davies wrote:
> > I am trying to write a plpgsql trigger to calculate and store the
> > area of a polygon but am getting no result.
>
> [...]
>
> > create trigger setarea after insert or update on unit for each row
> > execute procedure setarea();
> >
> > This generates no error at creation or update time but does not
> > give me an area either.
>
> AFTER triggers can't modify the row; use a BEFORE trigger.
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr

This email is for the person(s) identified above, and is confidential to
the sender and the person(s).  No one else is authorised to use or
disseminate this email or its contents.

Stephen Davies Consulting                            Voice: 08-8177 1595
Adelaide, South Australia.                             Fax: 08-8177 0133
Computing & Network solutions.                       Mobile:0403 0405 83