[postgis-users] Install instructions

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 03:45:57 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 21:59 +0800, Tim Bowden wrote:
> Is there any reason the install instructions say to do ./configure and
> make as root?  I would have thought that's not the best practise to
> encourage.  It works fine doing it as a normal user then doing the make
> install as root.
>
> Regards,
> Tim Bowden

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the heads-up; while there is no reference to the root user in
the documentation at http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch02.html, it
does actually mention running ./configure as root in the README.postgis
file. Anybody have any objections to removing this reference?

Kind regards,

Mark.