[postgis-users] loci of points

Michael Welter mike at telecommatters.net
Wed Oct 17 07:32:13 PDT 2007

What I need to do is divide a group of geographic points into <n>
clusters such that the convex hulls of each cluster do not overlap.
Each cluster would have approximately the same number of points, and the
perimeter of each cluster would be minimized.

This is the Traveling Salesman Problem, only there are <n> salesmen.
The problem is how to determine the "territory" for each salesman in
order to minimize travel costs.

Thanks