[postgis-users] Anybody know anything about the Debian packages?

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Wed Apr 2 18:18:32 PDT 2008

Paul Tomblin wrote:
> I thought I might try the documented "hard upgrade" procedure to see if
> it will do what is in essence a downgrade.  But neither the "postgis"
> nor the "postgresql-8.1-postgis" Debian packages seems to have installed
> the documented utils/postgis_restore.pl program.  Does anybody here know
> if it's in a different package, or can I just pull it from subversion?

Never mind.  I discovered that "pg_dump -c" with multiple "-t" options naming
all my tables works, providing that I'd pre-created all the tables with
geometries so that the appropriate entries are in the geometry_columns table.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com> http://blog.xcski.com/
Of course, I also got weird looks when I said that, as a kid, I watched the