[postgis-users] 1.3.3 Pre-Release Notice

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Apr 8 23:10:21 PDT 2008

By the way I'm still testing out my DBF only feature to shp2pgsql in my
tiger load to make sure it works fully and I didn't break something in the
process.  The change was sadly much more invasive than I had hoped. I ended
up having to touch a lot of functions in the shp2pgsql,  so I guess it won't
be able to make it in for this release.

Would anyone be interested in testing it out?  And How should I contribute
the code Paul since I'm a terrible newbie?

The change is as follows
1) If the shp2pgsql can't find a companion shp file, it will display a
warning that there is no shp file and that it will just do an attribute load
and skip creating the geometry column.

2) I also added another switch called  n - which means don't load shape.
Not sure how useful this would be to people, but it is something that I have
needed off and own when I actually don't care about the geometry.

3) I also fixed some typos.

The other issue I noticed with the file, and could just be my editor (which
drove me a bit crazy) is that in some locations, the indentation is off so I
reindented some sections.  Also less of a deal there seems to be a mix of
syntax style -e.g

if () {

}

Vs.