[postgis-users] Dump/Transfer Sequence Problems

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Wed Apr 9 07:42:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am using Navicat to transfer data from one database to another. But
it soon gives me an error message like the following:

[Err] [Dtf] Transfer Data [create table "admin"."news" (   "id" int4
not null default nextval('news_id_seq1'::regclass) , "date" date ,
"text_en" text , "text_fr" text , "text_es" text )  WITHOUT OIDS;
ALTER table "admin"."news" SET WITHOUT CLUSTER;;]: ERROR:  relation
"news_id_seq1" does not exist

Ok, I understand meanwhile that there is a sequence being created when
using SERIALs.... But why does a dump or that kind of transfer
transfers not the sequence with it? Or is it because I am using 8.1 on
one and 8.2 on another machine? I can't imagine...

Thanks for any suggestions,

Stef

P.S: Sorry for cross-posting with psql forum. Thought it's an issue
for both Postgres and Postgis....