[postgis-users] Size of FTDate field in dbf files

Chris Hermansen chris.hermansen at timberline.ca
Thu Apr 10 14:51:00 PDT 2008

I don't know how interesting this comment may be to the illustrious
readers of this list, but I'm going to offer it anyway...

Awhile ago, I was experimenting with a Python DBF library, and I noticed
it failing gracelessly on a shapefile that had some leading blanks on a
date field.  Perhaps this shapefile was created by pgsql2shp?  Could
easily have been the case on my desktop.  I have no easy way of
replicating this situation... but anyway, maybe I'll try it again at
some point in the future when this patch leaks out into a release.