[postgis-users] PostGIS wrapper for proximity queries

Willy-Bas Loos willybas at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 00:40:24 PDT 2008

wow, that sounds pretty funky!
doesn't the unioning etc kill your performance advantage?
have you done any benchmarking to quantify the performance of this solution?

do you have lots of user behavior rules?
the system that we are building on will be managed pretty de-centralized, so
if everyone has his own policy on how to fill & maintain the database that
would be a problem.

thank you!
WBL