[postgis-users] "Summarizing" a collection of geometries

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 21 18:31:45 PDT 2008

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Interesting jumping off point for a discussion of new technology ideas...
>
> - heatmap in the database

you mean we finally have a use case for raster in the DB ;)
but seriously this would be able interesting add on.

> - contouring in the database

As would this. If you coupled this with the Dijkstra cost at a node as
the z-value, contouring gives you isocrons of the Dijkstra solution.

> - kriging in the database (I know, already there w/ R)

Would like to see more work done on the topology code :) Especially with
an eye toward shared boundaries and manipulating them.

-Steve W