[postgis-users] Nearest Aid station to accident

Matthew Pulis mpulis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 00:53:18 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to make a query where is given the nearest aid station (hospital
/ fire station - either which passed through a parameter). Nearest being on
the road network itself, thus I am using pgRouting's function :
Shooting_star.

My idea to tackle the problem is :

-          Make an expansion of the accident of 20 KM

-          Check which hospital / fire station is within that expansion

-          Find the shortest distance between every hospital / fire station
to the accident location

-          Prepare the route for the shortest distance

What I am finding hard to implement is the part where to find the shortest
distance on the road network.  It is taking more or a less a minute there.
Any idea how I can improve it please?

This is my code :  http://yancho.pastebin.com/f75683d8b - The section I am
worried about is : 72 - 96 (highlighted in yellow)

Any idea is extremely appreciated.

Regards

Matthew

  _____

It has removed 27617 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter <http://www.spamfighter.com/len>  for free now!